Those who know me well also know that I like to walk, particularly on trails in nature. On a recent walk this year I made an unexpected discovery: this fungus was growing on the side of a log. The sunlight actually made it glow brightly. It reminded me of a piece of undersea coral and I took a moment to marvel over its beauty. Who would have thought there could be such beauty in a fungus?
From my perspective, blogging has been very much like this surprise discovery on the forest trail. I took the path knowing I’d enjoy the journey but I found unexpected delights along the way like this fungus bathed in sunlight. In a future post, I hope to explore the experience of blogging a little further. I will tell you why I started in the first place and what keeps me posting and enjoying the process. For now, I’d like to take a look back at the beginnings of Cindys Creative Corner…
For me, 2015 will always be remembered as the year I discovered blogging! What a great pleasure to find a way to combine two things I love: photography and writing. And then to blend in more things I’m passionate about like early learning , early literacy, and the connection between play and learning…. it really just makes me happy. So here’s a look back at my 10 favourite posts from 2015…
1. Embracing the Introvert I share a little about me and perhaps why blogging is such a great fit in the personality department
2. First Day of Preschool: Reflections of a Mom/ECE Parents of brand new preschoolers… I can relate to what you’re going through!
3. A Snail’s Tale: Perspectives from Preschoolers “The greatest gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy.” -Meryl Streep I was very proud to have this post reblogged twice!!
4. Boys Being Boys (and Birds) a story of boys playing in ways that are expected and the unexpected This play experience was such a joy to witness!
5. It’s All Coming Together! This is a celebration and continuation of how documenting children’s play can help with program planning and how the adult and child can participate together in the learning process.
Update: The birds ate our treats very quickly so we will be making some more very soon!
6. When Work Becomes Play: How I plan to take myself from preschool teacher to author We all have dreams, right?
7. Work in Progress An inside look at the author/illustrator relationship Sharing the process of creating a book from scratch
8. The Pancake Machine: Introducing Katie a sneak peek at my first picture book’s main character I’m so excited about the art work!!
9. Parenting: Bouquets from an Early Childhood Educator in which I share my appreciations of all the parents I have had the pleasure to meet and work with in partnership Gratitude is more important that anything to me.
10. Parenting: Yes and No (I do get up on my soapbox with this one and you may find it a bit preachy but then I just can’t help it… I feel really passionate about this one!) I believe in loving limits!
What would you like to read in 2016? I’d love to hear from you. Please give me some ideas for the direction my blog can take. I value your ideas, inspirations, and input. Share your thoughts! What would you like more of? What questions have I left unanswered? What are you curious about? I look forward to your feedback and to my first full year of blogging in 2016! I hope that 2016 treats you, your family and your friends very well.