To all Followers and Readers of simply.cindy,
I am looking for a few beta readers to give me some honest feedback on my picture book tentatively titled “The Pancake Machine“.
Here are some of the guidelines to see if you might be the person I’m looking for:
- No friends or family please
- You must be willing to read the manuscript and give honest feedback.
- You need to be able to let me know if something just isn’t working or doesn’t make sense about the story.
- I want to know if the characters seem real and behave the way children really would.
- Are there any parts of the story that don’t seem believable?
- You are able to read this to a child (age 2 and a half to six) and get the child’s honest reaction: Does the child ask to hear the story again? Does it hold the child’s interest? Why or why not?
- You must speak and read English fluently.
- You can share ideas of what you’d like to see in the illustrations.
- You are able to send me your feedback by May the 12th.
- If you are familiar with “Loose Parts Theory” then that is an asset.
Unfortunately, I cannot pay you for your time; however, in return, I would be happy to serve as a beta reader for your children’s book now or in the future. I’d also be happy give you advance notice of when the book will be released.
Meet the requirements? Interested? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org letting me know why you think you’d make a good beta reader. I will send a manuscript to short listed applicants.