I am going to admit right away that I am learning as I go when it comes to marketing a book. I’m a little nervous as my platform is relatively small and certainly not massive as it probably ought to be in order to sell a picture book. I’m feeling like I’m going to need a little bit of luck.
Here are a few ideas I plan to try out:
- Get some early reviews posted on Amazon
2. Do a book release event
3. Put the word out on social media
4. Do a blog tour
5. Do school visits
6. Pass out/mail out postcards
7. Have a booth at a craft fair or market
8. Use Mail-chimp to send out a newsletter with updates on promotions/sales
9. Do Giveaways! *This one is definitely the most fun on my list
10. Get a copy of the book into a library
Do you have ideas for marketing for indie authors? I’d love to hear about them!