Last year our preschool room got new floors and a fresh coat of paint. I strive to make the environment as appealing and interesting as possible and because we are a pack away preschool that can a challenging task.
This summer, I’m brainstorming ways to bring the outdoors in to make our classroom feel like a more natural space and at the same time, add more interesting features that give our preschool more of its own unique character. Here’s what I hope to do:
- Bring in more plants
- Create the illusion of being outdoors by decorating the backs of shelving units with large nature posters.
- Create new cushion covers with natural fabrics in greens and blues.
- Add lego building plates to the back of a shelf to create a “lego wall”
- Create a tent/teepee or other covered area using a patio umbrella
- Add enlarged photos of children’s own creations in nature and with blocks
Do you have more ideas for me? I’d be interested, particularly if they’re budget friendly! As I work on these projects, I hope to show you some photos of my progress. Wish me luck!